Are you protecting your assets? Do you realize the devastation that could occur if a roof leak were allowed to damage your building?
Virginia Roofing can assist you in safeguarding your capital investment. By beginning a roof maintenance plan, you will enjoy the satisfaction of knowing you are proactively maintaining and controlling costs. Wouldn’t it be nice being able to budget and target each year what the maintenance will mean to the bottom line? No more inconvenience to occupants. No more surprises or emergency funds taken from one area to support a failing roof.
What causes roofs to fail?
Without actively protecting the investment made in the roof, a Virginia building owner is subjecting the building to numerous factors contributing to its destruction. A roof is often neglected due to the fact it cannot always be seen or noticed until it is too late; out of sight, out of mind. But if even a small leak occurs, it can severely impact the inside of a building and drain productivity and profit from any business. Damage that may occur from even the smallest leaks could result in: deterioration of the roof insulation and deck; interior ceiling, wall and floor damage; damage to interior furnishings, fixtures and/or equipment; finished goods and inventory damage; and poor indoor air quality.
Some common culprits to be aware of:
- Poor design and installation
- Defective materials
- Destructive weather conditions
- Previous neglect
- Building movement
- Improvements/additions to the existing building
- Maintenance performed by other contractors (HVAC, Satellite etc.)
- Foot traffic, vandalism
- Rooftop contaminants
- Clogged drains and defective flashings, penetrations
- Loss of felt or asphalt surfacing, gravel, and aluminum coating
- Felt erosion or loss of plies
- Alligatoring and brittleness
- Membrane damage, such as punctures and cuts
- Membrane defects, including blisters, splits and ridges
- Flashings aging, splits, open laps, ratcheting and slippage
- Poorly sealed flashing terminations.
So if you are looking for a professional Virginia roofing maintenance contractor, then please call us today at 757-228-4913 .